Roughnecks Football

Thursday, March 18, 2010

AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMEN


On December 12, 2009 after a courageous one year battle with Leukemia,
Santa Fe police Officer Jason Hill, 39, passed away to be with our Lord in Dallas, Texas at Baylor University Hospital.
I didn't know Jason, all I know is what I looked up on Google to find out. But I thought you should know someone that you never knew.
Not only was he a dedicated public servant, but he was a mother and fathers son. He was a husband to Annemarie, and a daddy to his children Breanna, Elizabethanne, Jordann and Tyler. He was a friend to many and an trusted co-worker to others. He was someone's brother, uncle, nephew and Godson. He was also a child of the most high God and a player for the Santa Fe Sting semi pro football team.
I didn't need to know every detail of this mans life to be proud of him. He worked hard to keep the peace, he loved his wife and kids, he loved his country, his city, his co-workers, his teammates, he loved God and's that's enough for me.
He wore the number "5" on his jersey. He wore his heart on his chest. He wore a badge of courage, and from what I understand he wore-out other players out on the field.
On their website (http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=santafesting) the Santa Fe Sting posts this: The whole Sting Family mourns the passing of player/police officer Jason Hill. Jason fought a courageous battle with leukemia for over a year. He was a true leader, both on and off the field. He will be missed tremendously. The 2010 Sting Season will be dedicated to Jason and all he stood for. May God comfort his family in their time of need and may all of His angels guide Jason home to heaven. We thank you Jason for unselfishly making this place a better place for the rest of us. We love you and will always hold you close to our hearts.
I wish I could have known you Jason Hill, Officer Jason Hill, player Jason Hill. husband, daddy and friend Jason Hill. But somehow, by my faith and grace of God, I do know you. And that makes me proud. Number 5, is still alive, but in Heaven, playing ball with the all time greats, playing catch with Jesus and watching his Sting play the Roughnecks at "the Hutch" (FHS) this Saturday at 6pm.
The will be a special moment of appreciation for Jason Hill this weekend at the game. I hope everyone who reads this can attend. If not follow this link to listen to the game on line. Including the tribute to Jason Hill.
God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment